Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Queen Sized Bed

60" X 80" of what I consider most days pure bliss. And surprisingly you can fit ALOT of people in that amount of space. Last night my children were determined to test the theory and 3 of the 4 of them ended up in our bed by 2 am. If you do the math that's 5 people which leaves roughly 12" X 80" per person. I guess this might have worked out considering the relatively small widths of the 3 extra individuals IF and only IF all 5 people were lying straight and still. However, knowing that 3 of the individuals were small children completely rules out the possibility of anyone being straight or still in the bed. As a result, at least one person from the group of 5 did not get much sleep. I'll raise my hand now if you were having trouble arriving at the logical conclusion. I'm sure my husband didn't sleep well either, but I honestly can never tell because he sleeps through EVERYTHING! So, here I am sleepy and tired on a Tuesday. I have coffee and believe me, I'm trying to wake up but it will take herculean effort to drag my eyelids fully open before 10 am. Quite honestly, sleep is my most treasured activity. I could sleep for days on end and wake up happy and refreshed. I love to sleep. So it is more than just a cruel joke that it is the most allusive creature to a mother of four. I know all moms lose sleep and remain in a state of overtired oblivion until their kids move out (or so I've been told) but honestly, I loved sleep even before it was so savagely ripped from me. Finding a silver lining to this one is tough because a) I'm still not quite awake, b) C is in my lap slapping at the keyboard and c) sometimes I just don't feel like looking. But I committed to only putting the upside in this blog so that I can better count my blessings, so here are the upsides:

1. My husband sent me to the guest room for 30 min of extra sleep while he wrestled with the baby to get her back to sleep.

2. Mornings like this have justified the purchase of my very expensive coffee maker already.

3. Nap time will get here soon b/c the kids are as tired as I am.

Look at me! I can make the best of ANYTHING!

-LL
"profiter de la doublure d'argent"

No comments:

Post a Comment