Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Nighttime Mopping

Do you ever have one of those nights where the kids just won't give it up? Last night was one of those nights for me. L was up LATE. He kept getting out of bed, bothering M and doing all kinds of mischievous things. It was exhausting. Up and down the stairs I went putting him back in the bed after he got up. Over and over and over again. Then, finally, it was quiet. Maybe too quiet. I was watching Law and Order: SVU (my favorite) and not really listening out for the "silence." I eventually went upstairs to make another quick check of the kids and I could hear the sound of water draining in the kids' bathroom. I stepped in to turn the sink off, no doubt left on by someone getting a quick sip of water before bed. The tile floor is surprisingly slick when there is half an inch of water on it. Thanks to my cat like reflexes I was able to catch my self seconds before my head and the counter top had a violent encounter. I flipped on the light and took a look around to assess the damage. Inwardly, I groaned. L had managed to dump water EVERYWHERE. He had also managed to track it into his room with his footie pajamas and at that moment was soundly sleeping with his soaking wet pj's all over the clean sheets I put on just that morning. Sigh. It took me a few minutes to drum up the upside to this one because I HATE cleaning the bathroom and more than that I HATE doing anything late at night. But eventually the silver lining started to shine through. Not only would this bathroom be pristine by the time I was done cleaning it, but it would stay clean for a much longer stretch than it normally does because all of the tiny grubby hands and feet that mess it up would be tucked away in their beds! And so, with a merrier heart (not so merry that I was smiling, but slightly more merry than I had been moments before) I mopped the water off of the floor, wiped down the counter top and the sink and cleaned the toilet. And thanks to Netflix I didn't miss a single moment of Law and Order: SVU!

-LL
"profiter de la doublure d'argent"

No comments:

Post a Comment