Monday, November 14, 2011

Craptacular and Other Fun Words

I love the word crap. Which is interesting because I spend so much of the day dealing with crap. Either feces or otherwise. I will say "Oh, crap!" when I forget something or, "What the crap?" when I don't understand something or "Craptacular!" when I am being sarcastic about something being great. The other day, as I was helping L go to the potty, I was literally shouting "Crap!!!" and no one came to my rescue- this is a sign that I overuse this word. I was being literal and they thought I was being figurative. Suck (another awesome word). So, L was standing there, peeing in the toilet, and suddenly he wasn't just peeing anymore. And like a dummy, I tried to catch it! Are you grossed out? I am. Anyway, I thought it a cruel joke that, because of his delays, potty training has been such a task for L because, it is only fair that when a kid can produce adult size crap they should be able to deal with it in an adult way. But then, I wasn't being very adult about it either.

I tell you this because it will give you some real insight into how much crap is too much crap for one person to handle. L is 5 now. C is 1 so I have her crap as well. J is 3 and her crap, for the most part, is handled (even if she does have to name it and talk to it) but sometimes there is crap to deal with. M is 6- so check that one off the list!

Anyway, so enough about actual crap. Here is some figurative crap. Tomorrow, I go in to see the psychologist about M. Not fun. I had a panic attack when this day happened last month and God granted me a little reprieve because the doctor had to postpone. I am still not 100% that this is something I prepared to deal with, but it is the next step. The problem with this kind of crap is, once you know it, you can't "unknow" it.

The crap of it is, I am not sure what, if anything, we can do to help him, no matter what the doctor says. We try everything we can to help him navigate the world and control his impulses, what more could we do?

So, tonight, I am having a hard time sleeping because of this crap. But there is good news! Yesterday, L dealt with his crap in an adult way!!! And that, my friends, is some crap worth celebrating!!!!


Other fun words:
J- Mommy look! It's flying!!!
Me- What is?
J- Look over there!
Me- Where? I don't see it!
J- There Mom! It's a butterdragon!!!

Dad- L get out of the kitchen!
Me- L get out of the kitchen!
J- L get out of the chicken!


-LL
"profiter de la doublure d'argent"

No comments:

Post a Comment