Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I am AWESOME...

Some days I look around and think "I suck." Some days I look around and think "eh- I'm not so bad." Then there are days, though few lately, that I look around and realize "I am AWESOME!" Anytime I come across one of those days I need to celebrate it. Today- was that day. I was productive today. I gave my husband advice for a situation in the REAL WORLD and it worked! Yep, I still have the ability to communicate with other grown ups. This is exciting. M and I finally found a way to break through the barrier of frustration with his reading. I called a bunch of people, I cleaned out my car, the garage, I did a puzzle with J and she identified 17 letters correctly, I prayed my heart out for a family, I shared J's story with a family to give them hope, I made my grocery list, I made some important appointments, I emailed some people, I worked on more fund raising stuff. Come on! Get on this bandwagon! I am awesome!

And yet...

I will still have bad days. I will still not forgive myself for the pile of laundry in the laundry room. I will still worry about this thing or that thing. I will still ignore a phone call I should have taken, spend a dollar I shouldn't have spent, yelled when I should have whispered, talked when I should have listened, taken when I should have given, and run when I should have walked. I am human after all.

Today is a day that I say "I am awesome." But also a day when I realize how much grace I need from God. Sometimes I don't lean on Him because, hey, I'm amazing, but today won't be that day. I lose my temper, I cry, I get frustrated, and I need to remind myself to say a prayer and take a moment rather than react out of anger.

So, right now, while I feel amazing and my day has been pretty spectacular, I am giving it to God and acknowledging that I need Him now, when I am doing well, and not just when things are bad or hard.

Because, as awesome as I can be at some things, God can be unbelievably awesome at everything.

And because every post needs a laugh, I leave you with this:
Me: "J, what do you have?"
J: "Candy."
Me: "Is it smarties?"
J: "Yes"
Me: "Can I have some?"
J: "Yes, you can have a fartie!"
Me: "Now that you mention it, it does kind of taste like a fartie."
J: "Yeah."
-LL
"profiter de la doublure d'argent"

No comments:

Post a Comment